Saturday, June 12, 2010

I have been on a strike from cooking last few days! I am determined to get my kids to each take one day a week and cook. Why should I have all the fun?!

I showed them how to take a can of chopped tomatoes, blend it with garlic and basil and you have a quick sauce for penne (we were out of bottled tomato sauce).
They should know how to cook something besides mac n' cheese before they go out on their own.

So this coming week will be the trial run. They must make a meal for the family, a complete meal I might add. It can't be Mac n' Cheese and it can't be hamburgers and hot dogs. They also can not repeat a meal for 6 weeks.
Gosh, I'm a mean Mommy!! Just call me Mommy Dearest.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing a good thing! I just told my 22 year-old yesterday that I wish I had somehow made the time to teach him more life skills.

    ReplyDelete